CODE OF CONDUCT
Welcome to Drupal Developer Days 2024! We are committed to fostering a secure, inclusive, and respectful environment for everyone participating in the conference. Whether you're an attendee, speaker, trainer, sponsor, volunteer, vendor, or event staff, we expect all individuals associated with DDD24 to adhere to our Code of Conduct during the conference and at any social or sponsored events.
For Assistance: If you encounter any harassment or need to report a Code of Conduct violation, please contact our event staff or reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Code of Conduct:
Drupal Developer Days 2024 brings together a global community of professionals dedicated to using, developing, designing, and supporting the Drupal platform. We strive to provide a safe, inclusive, welcoming, and professional conference experience, irrespective of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, caste, age, religion, or any other legally protected status relevant to the conference location. The DDD24 Code of Conduct is in place to ensure a collective commitment to creating such an environment. This document outlines the expected behaviors, unacceptable conduct, our approach to addressing issues, and guidance on seeking help when needed.
- Professional Standards: All participants are expected to adhere to professional standards, the DDD24 Code of Conduct, and applicable laws, as well as their respective employer's policies governing appropriate workplace behavior.
- Consideration: Given the diverse backgrounds of our international audience, we encourage thoughtful communication, considering the impact of words and actions on individuals with different backgrounds and experiences.
- Inclusivity: Making all participants feel welcome and included is a shared responsibility, reflecting one of the strengths of the Drupal community.
- Respect: Treat everyone with dignity and respect, regardless of any protected status.
- Collaboration: In cases of misunderstandings, we encourage participants to work towards resolution. Seeking help is encouraged where needed.
- Leading by Example: Those representing the project in any capacity, formally or informally, are considered leaders and are expected to embody the best values of the Drupal community.
We have a zero-tolerance policy for harassment. This includes, but is not limited to, behaviors such as:
- Verbal or visual content reinforcing social structures of domination based on protected statuses.
- Unwelcome comments about personal lifestyle choices.
- Abusive, offensive, or degrading language or imagery.
- Encouragement or glorification of violence or harm.
- Intimidation, stalking, or following.
- Harassing photography or recording.
- Sexual imagery inappropriate for a professional setting.
- Sustained disruption of talks or events.
- Unwelcome sexual attention, advances, or physical contact.
- Advocating for or encouraging any of the above behaviors.
Additionally, no weapons or illegal drugs are permitted at DDD24 venues. Sponsors, exhibitors, and speakers must adhere to the terms in their agreements with the Drupal Association, avoiding sexualized content and attire.
Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior:
Any participant engaging in unacceptable behavior may face consequences such as warnings, removal from the event without a refund, attendance restrictions at future Drupal Association events, temporary or permanent revocation of leadership roles, or reporting to applicable authorities.
Reporting Unacceptable Behavior:
If you witness or experience unacceptable behavior, please immediately notify event staff or contact us at email@example.com. Your safety and well-being are our priorities.
Contact the Code of Conduct Team:
The Code of Conduct for Drupal Developer Days draws significant inspiration from the DrupalCon Code of Conduct and is subject to the terms of a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/). This license allows for the reuse and adaptation of the code of conduct by other entities for their respective events.